Pages

Monday 3 September 2012

Jewellery


Having been working in the gallery for a few days, and carrying out a stock take of all the jewellery, I’d been inspired! Jewellery making has always been a passion of mine, and something I have done since I was young. Every spare minute I had, my box of beads would be out and I would be designing and creating something new.

Sadly as I have got older, due to commitments such as school, and now university I haven’t had as much time to spend on making jewellery. But all is not lost! It’s the summer holidays and the last few days that I have had off from the gallery I have spent designing, creating, taking apart and then remaking various pieces of jewellery.

It was so exciting to go through all the various beads, embellishments and findings I’d collected over the years, most of all a selection I bought 3 years ago from a shop called Bead World near Times Square in New York and another selection I had bought 2 years when I was on holiday in Boston, MA and visited Cape Cod for the day.

Anyway here are some of the pieces I have made…


No comments:

Post a Comment